Every year, high school students from around the world compete in various International Science Olympiads. Ultimately, each participating nation enters a team composed of four to six students in each field.
Below is a list of the major Olympiads:
- International Biology Olympiad (IBO)
- International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO)
- International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI)
- International Linguistics Olympiad (IOL)
- International Math Olympiad (IMO)
- International Physics Olympiad (IPhO)
With a bit of research, you can learn about how to participate and sign up for qualifying events.
Lynn Radlauer Lubell, Publisher of InLikeMe.com and Founder of Admission By Design, an Educational Consultancy based in Boca Raton, Florida.